Welcome to my personal webpage!
My research focuses on the intersection of human capital and asset-pricing, studying the size and riskiness of human capital, and measuring the effect that human capital has on the riskiness of firms. I also work on innovative instruments for financing education. My book Investing in Human Capital (Cambridge University Press, 2004), builds the case for using instruments based on students’ future earnings to finance education. Lumni, a startup that I co-founded with Felipe Vergara, is a practical implementation of the ideas presented in the book. It currently finances students in Chile, Colombia, México, and Perú. Several media outlets have reported on my work on education funding and Lumni. You can find some media coverage here.
Curriculum Vitae: cv.pdf
- Human capital and asset-pricing
- Labor economics
- Ph.D. Business Administration — Finance, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, 2009.
- M.A. Economics, University of California, Berkeley, 2005. Fields: Economic Theory, Labor Economics.
- M.B.A.,Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Virginia, 2001.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering,Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia, 1997.